Our Transportation Department is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of students and district employees. Each of our bus drivers is certified by the state and must hold a Commercial Driver’s License. They are trained to follow all state regulations regarding school bus operations, well-organized transportation, and traffic laws. You can rest assured that your child’s safety is our priority.
Any student residing within district boundaries, who lives more than one mile from school and/or is a part of our special education program may ride the bus. Out-of-district families must make other arrangements for transportation. Please have your child(ren) at their scheduled bus stop 7 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time to prevent missing the bus. When riding the school bus, please follow these rules:
- All school rules apply in the bus and at bus stops
- Obey the driver’s instructions
- Remain seated in your assigned seat
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
- Talk quietly and respectfully
- No food/drink is consumed on the bus, except water
- When instruments or equipment is transported on the school bus:
- Bring a bag or case of sufficient weight to restrain the equipment and carry it in
- Do not take up seating space
- Do not block the aisle or doorways
- They remain the responsibility of the student
Please remember that riding the bus is a privilege, not a right. Failure to abide by school/bus rules will result in disciplinary procedures including the revoking of privileges and suspension if necessary. The administration has the right to ensure the safety of every passenger on the bus and may review surveillance tapes at any time.